MedPeds wins national health award for its use of Information Technologies to improve patient care. Read about it here.
- Mon - Thu
- 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Mon - Thu hours are extended until 7:00 PM for Urgent Care only.
- Sat hours are for urgent care only. We may close early if not needed.
- Evenings after 6:00 PM and Saturdays we may close early if there are no remaining appointments or for staff training.
- If you need to pick up forms or other non-appointment reasons, we suggest you call by 4:00 PM Mon - Fri or by 10:00 AM on Saturday to be sure someone will be here.
- Mon - Thu
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- 7:45 AM - 10:00 AM
- Saturday hours are by appointment only and are intended for urgent issues. We may close prior to noon if appointments are completed.
- Our advice nurse is not available on weekends, however we do have an on-call physician available for emergencies.
- Mon - Thu
- 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Patients whose insurance requires that their blood be drawn by LabCorp may do so in our office building at the LabCorp office on the basement level. No appointment is necessary.
MedPeds is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of healthcare. Everything we do is centered around our patients. From our focus on using technology to make your experience more efficient to our down-to-earth style of working with our patients, we treat your health very seriously. We also care that you are satisfied with Medpeds and we are open to your suggestions. If there is anything you would like to share, please let us know or take our Staff Satisfaction Survey.
Enroll in our Chronic Care Management Services (CCM
Medicare and MedPeds are committed to improving your healthcare within our practice and improving the coordination of your care with other healthcare providers. To reach that goal we encourage all our Medicare patients to schedule an Annual Wellness Visit and enroll in our Chronic Care Management Services (CCM) -- both covered benefits for Part B recipients! As always, we are dedicating to working with you and thank you for trusting us with your healthcare needs!
Annual Wellness Visits are good for your health, help ensure more of your health needs are met, and are highly encouraged by Medicare for all Part B recipients.
- Aligned with national quality measurement guidelines!
- No cost to Part B recipients – no copay, coinsurance or deductible!
- Allowed every 12 months – Comprehensive visit allowed during the first 12 months following Part B enrollment. Subsequent visits allowed every 12 months thereafter.
- Focus on illness prevention, detecting potential risks:
- Review past health status
- Illness prevention assessment
- Identifies your Circle of Care (healthcare providers, family members, and others involved in your care). You always retain the ability to direct us about what information may be shared!
- Current medications and medication management options
- Risk Assessments — fall prevention, behavioral health, home safety, nutrition, and more
- Not a traditional head-to-toe physical. Physicals are never covered by Medicare.
- Helps your MedPeds providers since Medicare now grades providers and reports grades nationally. Grades represent how well we care for your overall health, reach out to you, provide preventive services, and coordinate care with your specialists and family. Help us get an “A” and schedule your wellness visits each year!
- To schedule, call 301-498-8880 x 1 or ask our front desk staff to schedule for you.
Chronic Care Management Services (CCM) are provided to improve the management of chronic conditions and pays your provider’s office when we provide and document 20 or more minutes of additional care outside of a traditional office visit in a given month. This is good for you because we can do more than ever to help manage your chronic conditions, and hopefully prevent hospital and ER visits. And for the first time, our office can be compensated for providing these premium services. Here are some facts about the Medicare CCM service benefit:
- Services are designed to improve your overall healthcare and prevent illness.
- Available only to Part B Medicare recipients
- Must have two or more chronic conditions to qualify.
- Must elect to sign up to participate.
- Cost to you is only about $9 per month (co-insurance) when at least 20 minutes of additional services are rendered and documented. No cost to you for months when less than 20 minutes of additional service is rendered.
- You may cancel at any time, if you change your mind or feel the service is not beneficial.
- Additional CCM services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive yearly care planning
- Coordinating care with specialists, family and community resources (e.g. help arranging appointments, referrals, transportation, and more
- Telemedicine family conferences to help with advanced directives, review hospital and ER discharge instructions, and more.
If you have two or more chronic conditions and you are interested in receiving these premium services to help improve your overall health and prevent illness, talk with your provider or one of the clinical staff today, or call 301-498-8880 x 1 for more information.
Medicare, MedPeds and You
Working together to improve your health!
Important Message for Howard County Residents
Attention Howard County Residents: Howard County Residents who have had two or more hospitalizations during the past year, and have two or more chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, etc... you are now eligible to receive additional services free of charge from Howard County. To get into the program, you must be referred by your medical provider. This is an extraordinary benefit of services that is not available to residents of other counties. If you are a Howard County resident and think you may qualify for these free services, or if you just want more information, please call us at 301-498-8880.